TWIN PORT GENV IWG actuator 1,0 bar / 14 psi for all BorgWarner EFR | Turbosmart
GENV IWG Twin Port Actuator 1,0 Bar / 14 Psi
Twin Port GEN5 actuator for all BorgWarner EFR turbochargers
GEN-V internal wastegate 1 Bar / 14 Psi for all BorgWarner EFR turbochargers
Note: This item replace the older Twin Port versions with TurboZentrum item numbers: 464045, 492585, 492586, 492587, 204637
Turbosmart GenV Twin Port Internal Wastegate Actuator to suit Borg Warner EFR Series Turbochargers. This IWG actuator, has it all taking technology from the Award winning GenV range of External Wastegates providing unparalleled actuator performance.
Turbosmart GenV IWG (Internal Wastegate Actuator) Range provide improvements in boost control over your factory actuator. The large working surface area of our unique diaphragm system ensures increased boost response and control, at any performance or boost level.
Using Turbosmart"s locking collar system, you can also quickly change your base spring selection from 5, all the way up to 26 Psi. The Nitronic guide & Hard Chromed Intermediate Rod, mated with the swivel joint system ensure the best possible lower chamber seal for true twin port control strategies, unequalled actuation range and control.
- GenV cap including 1/8 NPT reference ports
- True Twin Port Control for a wide boost control window
- Hard chromed Intermediate rod & nitride guide for cycle tested & proven reliability
- Proprietary Swivel Joint for complete linear actuation
- 3 Secondary rods included to ensure fitment to all B1 & B2 single & twin scroll EFR’s
- Turbosmart GenV Internal Wastegate Actuator
- 3 x Rods to suit BorgWarner EFR series turbos
- 3 x Springs: 2x inner, 1x middle, 1x outer (1x spring pre-installed)
- 2 x 1/8 NPT nipples
- 1/8 NPT blanking plugs (1x pre-installed)
- C Spanner / IWG Actuator Collar Tool
- Turbosmart Decal
The Turbosmart GENV actuator range Features:
- Stable boost control
- Improved boost response
- Flatter boost curve in the top end
- Interchangeable springs for a great range of boost levels
Boost: 1,0 bar / 14 psi
Rod 1 thread length: 80mm
Rod 2 thread length: 98mm
Rod 3 thread length: 118mm
Actuator diameter: 74mm
Actuator length: 58mm
Connection pressure line: Ø 6mm
For further questions please contact our technical support team.
What is in the box?
- Everything you will need to get up and going with a Borg Warner EFR Turbocharger. That is, our swivel adaptor allows fitment of any rod you need quickly and easily & we took this opportunity to put all the parts, for all the current EFR range in one box. All 3 rod options, and every spring you could need are inside the box, ready for you to set up, on your EFR.
- No, this part number is specifically put together to suit EFR Turbochargers…. However, those handy will quickly realise there is allot in this box that can be customised.You have a few rod options and all the springs. If you have a small bar bender and consider yourself capable, you’d be surprised what you could come up with.
- Not everyone will – But for those interested, or pushing the absolute limits… We’ve found havingwastage positions sensor is an important value to data log. We’ve even worked with some engine calibrators on using that sensor for closed loop, highly technical boost control strategies. More data is always better.
- You effectively have 7 options; 5psi, 7 Psi, 12psi, 19psi, 14psi, 21psi & 26 Psi / 1,8 Bar with the use and combination of just 3 springs. And remember, this is just base mechanical spring pressure. Much higher levels of boost can be achieved with some type of boost control or reference manipulation.
- Twin Port boost control provides for pressure manipulation on both sides of the diaphragm of the actuator. In the simplest of terms, this means you can have a much broader range of boost control options & often able to fit a much softer spring while still able to run very high levels of boost. This is because you can force pressure into the top cap, keeping the gate shut for longer.